Hiking Near Ridgewood
We can’t do any better presenting local hikes than this site, created by one of our younger community members. As mentioned there, these North Jersey’s hikes are all under a 45-minute drive from the town.
1. Sterling Forest State Park (30 min)
2. High Mountain Park Preserve (25 min)
3. Apshawa Preserve (30 min)
4. Norvin Green State Forest (30 min)
Credit: Štěpán Štaffen
5. Wawayanda State Park (45 min drive)
6. Palisades Interstate Park Trail (30 min drive)
7. Pyramid Mountain (30 min drive)
8. Ramapo Mountain State Forest (15 min)
9. Campgaw Mountain Reservation (15 min)
Other Outdoor Activities
- Ridgewood Wildscape Association (10 beautiful parks to explore in Ridgewood)
- NJ Botanical Garden
- Ringwood Manor
- Ringwood Starlight Farms
- Wavehill Gardens
- Harriman State Park Trails
- High Mountain Park Reserve in Passaic
For the smaller kids or hiking with a stroller
- Closter Nature Centre
- Tenafly Nature Centre
- Darlington County Park
- Celery Farm in Wyckoff
- Environmental Centre in Wyckoff
- Laurel Arboretum in Wayne
- Glen Rock Arboretum
- Flat Rock Brook Nature Center in Englewood
Our Favorite Lakes are listed here
Still looking for a hike?
Check out https://www.nynjtc.org/
For accurate trail maps and guides. The trail conference builds and maintains a comprehensive trail network supporting advocacy, conservation, and stewardship throughout the region. They strive to ensure that the trails and natural areas we share are sustainable and accessible for all to enjoy for generations to come.
Please remember to be clean, quiet, and respectful of all-natural areas. If you visit any of these locations, please bring an extra garbage bag and help keep it clean. It should go without saying, but everywhere you visit you should carry in, and then carry out, all your refuse.
If you have a natural place of interest to add please email us at email@example.com and we will add it to the list.